Thank you letters are necessary to your job search
and interviews are not the only occasions
to send thank-you
and follow-up letters. If you've ever experienced helping or
doing something for someone, and not receiving a thank-you,
you understand how employers view this lack of courtesy on
the part of job seekers.
A thank-you letter should be written after:
1. An interview;
Following an interview, write the interviewer a letter expressing appreciation and thanks for the interview. The purpose of this letter is to:
• Show appreciation for the employer's interest in you.
• Show your interest in the position and in the organization.
• Remind the employer about your qualifications for the position. If you thought of something you forgot to mention in the interview, mention it in your follow-up / thank-you letter.
• Demonstrate that you have good manners and know to write a thank-you letter.
• Follow up with any information the employer may have asked you to provide after the interview.
2. A person has been helpful to you in a telephone conversation or in an e-mail;
3. Someone has sent information to you at your request;
4. Any other reason for which you want to express thanks to somebody.
Please Note: The content of this article can be forwarded, published, printed and distributed without the consent of the owner of Perfect Editing Solutions. However, the URL (https://www.perfectediting.com) must be mentioned wherever this article is reproduced.
More Articles on English Grammar, Proofreading and Copyediting.
" Thanks for the document, this was real fast...it looks far more focused...thanks for the expressive document created by you."
"I was approached by a former colleage to review his CV and cover letter and referred him to
Rumki Sen. The results he got were exceeding expectations from a qualitative, timliness
and cost/value perspective. Great job."
"Rumki is extremely a Professional Resume Writter. Her pace is unmatchable and her work is indeed flawless. I would recommend her to all my colleagues and friends if they are looking to professionally get their resumes prepared. Her skills are unique. she proved to be incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. She is efficient and quick to respond."
" Rumki prepares and delivers high impact resume writing and document editing services. She conveys written ideas in a logical manner and expresses essential details. I found Rumki very friendly and responsive when interfacing with me and best of all she kept agreed timelines. Her services would definately add value to her customers."
" Discovering your site was like finding some hidden treasure........... it has helped me a great deal. Thanks a million. "
" Thank you very much for editing my document! This helps improve my writing so much. In the future I will be able to recognize these same mistakes. "
" I'm very happy with the result - it was good to see how the resume should be structured and highlighted, so valuable input - thank you. "
" Thank you for the impressive work! There are many aspects that I really like about your edit. Thus, I want my other documents to get proofread and edited. "