10 Tips for Writing an
Effective Cover Letter
1. Be brief and to the
2. Highlight the most important points from your resume.
3. Summarise your experience and achievements that
are relevant to the job being applied for.
4. Avoid fancy fonts and colours.
5. Sound enthusiastic about working for the company.
6. Keep it short.
7. Close with an invitation for the reader to act.
8. Follow up with a phone call or a second letter within
9. Always write the cover letter in your own words.
10. Proofread your cover letter.
Best Tips for Job
Please Note: The content of this article can be forwarded, published, printed and distributed without the consent of the owner of
Perfect Editing Solutions. However, the URL (http://www.perfectediting.com) must be mentioned wherever this article is reproduced.